PROGRAM FOCUSED SUPPORT
WHAT IS PROGRAM FOCUSED SUPPORT?
The Region 3 Educator and Provider Support (EPS) grant offers a ‘Program Focused Support’ project which is designed to assist participating programs and groups with upward movement on the QRIS, national accreditation support and related training opportunities for educator professional development. This will allow for coaching and related CEU training developed specifically for programs that are selected
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- Individual center based programs (infant/toddler, preschool, Out of School Time (OST) or public school settings)
- Family Child Care Systems, including administrative staff and FCC educators
- Collaborative groups of programs – for example: several OST programs that apply as a group, a community that applies for all programs within that community, a group of administrators from small programs or a group of Family Child Care Educators that apply as a cohort group with similar goals.
HOW DO WE APPLY?
There is an application form that must be completed by a program administrator or designated person. Choose the application that best represents your program or project.
Individual center based programs complete this application:
Family Child Care Systems complete this application:
Collaborative cohort groups – select a representative to complete this application:
A center with different program types (ie: school age and preschool) or a FCC System with different projects (ie: a group of FCC educators who are all working toward a QRIS level and a professional day activity) should complete a separate application for each project or program type.
HOW WILL PROGRAMS OR PROJECTS BE SELECTED?
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the year. Application review will begin in August and will close for the first round of applicants in late September. A committee of the Region 3 Educator and Provider Support grant (EPS/R3P) will meet to review all applications and make final selections by October 1 of each year.
All ‘Program Focused Support’ applications that are completed and submitted by the deadline will be reviewed. Programs must be located in EPS Region 3 (northeast) and be at level 1 or higher in the Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) to be considered. Every effort will be made to select programs that are representative of the mixed delivery system and have a balance within the cities and towns of Region 3.
WHAT HAPPENS IF WE ARE CHOSEN?
- The program administrator or group will receive an e-mail and/or telephone call from LeeAnn Soucy, the R3P Director of Coaching and Mentoring, to set up a meeting for an initial assessment.
- An appropriate R3P Coach/Mentor will be assigned to work with the program/group.
- The program will sign a ‘Memorandum of Understanding’ (MOU) with Region 3 EPS and will develop and sign MOU’s with their staff.
- If not already in place, Individual Professional Development Plans (IPDP) will be developed for all educators within the program.
- The R3P Coach/Mentor will assist the program to develop a plan for continuous improvement.
- The R3P Coach/Mentor will work with the program to determine the program needs including, but not limited to; ongoing professional development for administrators and educators, on-site CEU Trainings, support for QRIS advancement, national accreditation, and linkage to other appropriate grant resources.
- Programs agree to pay a portion of the cost of CEU training(s) based on program needs, discussions with the R3P coach/mentor and availability of R3P funds.